5.04.2012

Pregnant and Hungry

Okay here is my blurb about my current obsession...FOOD! I'm 30 weeks pregnant, can't drink or do much else, so guess what, I'm going to enjoy good food. So I've decided to list my current favorite restaurants in the Newport Beach/Costa Mesa area:


  1. Greenleaf Chopshop: They just opened on Aprli 30th, but already, I've been impressed with what I've tried. Today I had the Turkey Melt on a Pretzel Roll. It had truffled spinach, caramelized onions and cheese with a mustard vinaigrette. On the side I had the Tuscan Kale Salad and to drink a cucumber, lime and mint drink over ice. I was a happy girl. 
  2. Eat Chow: They now have two locations, which is awesome. I'm a big fan of their breakfast, my favorite is the Lemon Marscapone French Toast! 
  3. Plums Cafe: Plums is a staple on 17th St., every meal I've had there has been great. I have so many favorites here, I'll had to narrow it down...
    1. Breakfast: Santa Fe Eggs Benedict (try substituting the ham with bacon and then add avocado, so yummy)
    2. Lunch or dinner: Turkey and Avocado Sandwich or my husbands new favorite, the Maple Glazed Salmon and Wild Rice Waffle
  4. Picnics: I have to admit, I've only ever taken food home from here, but the menu is fabulous and it's a great place to pick something up from their deli case if you are too lazy to cook dinner ;-). Their Turkey Burgers are awesome and I also really love their Albacore Tuna Salad Sandwich. In a rush? Pick a slice of the Quiche of the Day or the Chicken Walnut Salad. Yummy, yummy. 

No comments: