1.26.2012

Artist Love

I caught Something's Gotta Give on television this last week and of course I was glued to the sofa for the next two hours. The house in the movie is constantly talked about for it'sHampton's coastal charm and the kitchen might be more well known than Amanda Peet, who played the daughter. I noticed something new this time while watching, and it was the painting by Diane Keaton's characters front door. It was a bright and happy painting of an adirondack chair. I went right to my computer to find out who the artist was. The only close up photo of the painting I could find was on EBay, but I also found out that the artist is Kenton Nelson and the rest of his work is just as fabulous. Nelson was born in LA in 1954 and attended Long Beach State University (my Alma Mater), then the Otis Parsons Art Institute. work has appeared in numerous movies and on numerous of covers of The New yorker.

Photo of the entry way (from a far)...


Painting over console by front door...


Here are a few more that I thought were quirky and fun...





No comments: