10.23.2011

The Art of Architecture

I came across some work of Gil Schafer's a while back and have waited too long to share the beauty of his work with you. His work is traditional and elegant, but not stuffy. I can just feel the warmth of these East Coast style designs and I'm ready to pack my bags and move to Connecticut or perhaps, Upstate New York. Gil Schafer, you rock!

Traditional white and black, I never get tired of it.


One of my favorite things is built-in storage throughout the house. It gives the house an older feeling. I also love this banister.


Love the surrounding windows in this breakfast nook.


Beautiful sun porch...


Love.


The floors, the ceiling, the cabinets, the countertops... I love it all.


Classic and stunning...



This is an amazing stairwell...


A dream butler's pantry...



Beautiful in black...


No comments: