6.29.2011

Potential in Piedmont

This 3-bedroom, 3.5-bath house outside of Oakland needs someone to bring it back to life. The potential for this post-and-beam house is there, it just needs a little love. This 1955 house was heavily influenced by Frank Lloyd Wright's designs for modest, but well constructed "houses for Americans".

Seeing as how I have not seen this in person, I'll have to make a "from photo plan of action"...

Front looks good, possibly paint and a little more landscaping...


New flooring, paint and furniture of course. Notice the original gorgeous copper fireplace. ...


Same as above and lighting...


Same, flooring, paint, furniture...


From the photo I actually like the wood they have going on. If it could be matched I would just continue this throughout...


I would possibly leave the kitchen as is. I might toy with the idea of painting the stonework and maybe a new color on the cabinets...


Bedroom looks clean and in good shape...


I think I love everything except the blue countertop. Those floor tiles look awesome!


The backyard looks like it just needs a little personalization...



No comments: