1.22.2011


Mad for Plaid

I've always been a big fan of plaid, but I still haven't blogged about it. It's country, but it's refined. It's mid-century, but it's modern. It just makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Betty Draper's kitchen wallpaper is the perfect example of plaid in the home in the 195o's. I would use this wallpaper now in my kitchen, love it!


This photo is from the first issue of Lonny Mag. It's an image from Grace Bonney's apartment. Love the simplicity...


Here are some great examples of plaid used in a modern way...



The plaid touches in these photos are more traditional...


Add plaid in an unexpected way...


This sofa from Horchow is made by none other than the King of Plaid himself... Ralph Lauren...



Anthropologie has had a few plaid pieces of furniture over the years and they never disappoint...

Anthropologie
and


Best way to get that mid-century look... go vintage!



Plaid preppy bedding is always a fun way to go...

No comments: